RevTrak's bulk refunds functionality provides administrators a way to issue refunds in bulk for the same item. For example, refunding customers who paid for a field trip that was cancelled, or refunding a fee for an athletic team whose season is moved to later in the year.
Items to Note
- To issue bulk refunds, a user needs to be assigned the perform bulk refund permission. The perform bulk refund permission is currently assigned to Super users who, if needed, can assign the permission to additional users.
- Prior to issuing a bulk refund, verify that your account has the available funds.
- Each bulk refund batch has a limit of $25,000 per day. If you need to refund more than $25,000, we recommend creating additional batches and running those on subsequent days.
- Refunds typically take 1 to 2 business days to process. However, in situations where we are experiencing high bulk refunding, processing may take an additional couple of days. We appreciate your patience.
Issuing a Bulk Refund
- On the navigation menu, click Payment History, and then click Items.
- Using the filters, locate the items you want to refund.
- IMPORTANT: Review your search results to ensure you want all the listed items included in the bulk refund. If you have unwanted items in the results, cancel and refine your filter.
- Click Bulk Refunds. If you don't see this button, you do not have permissions to issue bulk refunds.
- Select the date range during which the transactions took place.
- If you want to refund the software admin fee, select Refund Software Admin Fee.
- Click Refund All.
You will see the progress of the bulk refund. Note that it may take a few seconds to show progress. If you need to issue another bulk refund, you may do so when the progress shows 100% complete.