To create a balance due fee you need to have a balance due file. The balance due file is uploaded as part of the process of creating your balance due fee.
A balance due file contains students and the balances they owe for this fee. The file needs to be in a CSV format and you create it outside of RevTrak. Use the Balance due file format information below to create your file.
- Create a balance due file using the detail provided in the Balance due file format section.
- On the navigation menu, click Fee Management, and then click Fees.
- Click .
- For Name, enter what you want to call the fee.
- Select the Account Code for this fee. For information on account codes, see Account Code articles.
- For Department, select from the list of departments. For information on departments, see Department articles.
- For Classification, select whether the fee is required or optional.
- For Cost Structure, select Balance Due, and then click Next.
- Drag your balance due file to the selected area, or click Choose a File and navigate to your list.
- Select your import option, since you are creating a new fee, you will probably select Add/Update. To find out about the balance due import options, see Balance due import options.
- Review the Commit Import page and click Save Changes.
- Review the Import History Details page and click Next.
- Review the confirmation information and click Create.
Balance due file format
- Must be a CSV file - In Microsoft Excel, you save your file type as CSV (Comma delimited)
- No header row
- Two columns in the following order:
- Student ID - This must be a unique ID and can contain alphanumeric characters.
- Amount due fee balance - enter a numerical value in this column, no dollar/currency signs.
Balance due import options
For every import, RevTrak compares the information in the import file to the Fee Management information already in RevTrak. You have three options for handling the import file information: Add/Update, Replace, and Delete.
- Add/update - Adds the balance due fee to any new students listed in the file and updates the balances for all students in the file. The new balance due fee file updates any previous balances for the existing students.
- Replace -This option overwrites existing records with the information in the file. The balance due fee is added to students listed in the file, and removed from the students not in the file.
- Delete - The balance due fee is removed from the students listed in the file.