The article, "Helpful Tips for Child Care," is available for download below.
For assistance, contact RegWerks Support at 888-847-9470 or Support@RegWerks.ZenDesk.com.
Flat Fee Contract
- Guardians/Parents are invoiced the same amount each time, regardless of the invoice’s date-range.
- The amount charged on the invoice is not dependent on attendance.
- When invoicing, Pre-Pay must be checked in Contract. Otherwise, a Due Date cannot be selected for the invoice; by default, the Due Date becomes the date on which the invoice was generated.
- Due Dates are set when sending out invoices. Late Fees are applied automatically if payment is not received by 11:59 PM of the Due Date (assuming no grace period is used).
- If Pre-Pay is checked during registration, the Guardian/Parent must pay both the registration fee and the first invoice period during registration.
- If Pre-Pay is not checked during registrations, the Guardian/Parent must only pay the registration fee during registration.
- Pre-Pay Start Date is the first day that care is provided (or the first day for which a registrant could be billed). This is usually the first day of the school year.
- Recommendation for those who bill on a weekly basis: Invoice Monday-Sunday.
- If the Invoice Start Date always starts on Monday, this consistency helps avoid confusion for Guardians/Parents when they review their invoice dates.
- Guardians/Parents are charged per-day based on days selected while invoicing.
- The amount charged on the invoice is not dependent on attendance. Guardians/Parents select the attendance schedule at time of registration, or “Days of the Week” the student is expected to attend every week.
- Important considerations when deciding between Flat Fee and Daily:
- Are you planning to invoice for days on which no care is provided (Holidays, Breaks)?
- On the weeks where you are not providing care every day of the week (due to holiday most likely), are you planning on charging the same amount as the weeks in which you do provide care every day?
- When charging a different rate on those short weeks, then a Daily Contract is typically the best choice.
- Daily Contracts allow Admin/Users to exclude certain days from the invoice period (like holidays).
- If Pre-Pay is 'on’ during registration:
- The Contract Segments must have ‘Select Days’ turned on.
- The Guardian/Parent is charged the registration fee plus the first billing period at registration.
- If Pre-Pay is not checked during registration:
- ‘Select Days’ in Contract Segments does not matter.
- The Guardian/Parent must only pay the registration fee at the time of registration.
- When setting up the Contract and establishing the Price for each group of days attended, the Daily Rate (Price) remains the same.
- Example: AM 1 day Price is $5. AM, and 2 day Price is $5 as well.
- Simply change the Max Days number on each one to the correct number of days. (e.g. With AM 1 day, Max Days is 1.)
Pick a Day Contract
- Offers greater flexibility than Flat Fee and Daily Contracts. Pick a Day gives Guardians/Parents a lot of freedom in their schedule.
- Admin/users allow attendance selection by days per week, per month, or based on what works best for their individual organization.
- Guardians/Parents use the Pick a Day Calendar to pick days they will have their child(ren) attend.
- Guardians/Parentsare charged per day that is picked on that calendar during the invoice period.
- If the Guardian/Parent does not select a day on the Pick a Day Calendar and their child attends on that unselected day, the Admin/User checks the child in on the Attendance Clipboard or the Check in Module. The system automatically adds charges for that day on the next invoice.
- On this subsequent invoice, these days display with an asterisk next to them.
- It is essential to track daily attendance for each registrant to ensure accurate invoicing.
- Pre-Pay serves no purpose, neither does Pre-Pay Start Date. Ignore these two options in Pick A Day Contracts.
- RegWerks requires Admin/Users to create Reservations for class schedules in order to set dates available on the Pick-a-Day calendar.
Pick a Week Contract
- Same as Pick a Day, except the Guardian/Parent is charged on a per week basis rather than per day.
- RegWerks requires Admin/Users to create Reservations for class schedules.
Drop In Contract
- Guardians/Parents do not need to select an attendance schedule. This gives the freedom to “drop in” on any day/time they want and drop their child off.
- Admin/Users have no advanced warning for the number of children attending on any given day.
- Invoicing is calculated based on attendance only (using the Attendance Clipboard and/or Check in Module).
Drop In (Post-Pay)
- Invoicing is completed after the attendance period for which invoices are being processed.
- No calendar is used for invoices. Invoices are created only for those Guardians/Parentswho have a deficit of days (or days attended that haven’t been paid for).
- When invoicing, only select a Due Date for the invoice payment.
- When initially setting up the contract, leave Drop In Days, Max Quantity, and Min Quantity Allowed on Hand at 0.
Drop In (Pre-Pay)
- Guardians/Parents buy days in advance for their child to attend.
- Low Balance Emails can be set up to alert Guardians/Parents when they are low on days. These are sent out based on the number of days remaining on the child’s account.
- The Max Quantity field in the Contract Setup menu refers to the maximum number of days a parent can purchase at a time. However, a Guardian/Parent could go back in and purchase more days on a separate order.
- Drop in Days are the number of days in a “bundle” that can be purchased at a time. In other words, when purchasing days, the Guardian/Parent must purchase days in increments of whatever the Drop in Days number is set to.
- Min Quantity Allowed on Hand is the minimum number of remaining unused days that the Guardian/Parent is required to have in their account. If they drop below this number, they will be charged for increments (the number of days in increment based off Drop in Days number) of days until they get above the Min Quantity on Hand number.
- Example: If the Drop in Days number is set to 5, Min Quantity on Hand number is set to 5, and the number of days remaining on the child/parent’s account is 2 days: the next invoice will charge the parent to add 5 new days (Drop in Days number) to get to 7 days which is above the the Min Quantity on Hand number.
- The Low Balance field in the Low Balance Email section of the Class page determines the number of unused days that a registrant’s account needs to drop to before receiving a low balance email. Max Sent will determine how many emails get sent to the Guardian/Parent.
Applicable to All Child Care Contracts
- If a rate is hidden from the web (Example: employee rates or free/reduced), the Guardian/Parent needs to either complete a walk-in registration through the Admin/User or register in their Web Store by choosing an available rate and calling the Admin/User to internally change the rate assigned to this registration.
- AM/PM discounts only need to be applied to either the AM or PM segments, not both. A good practice is to choose either the AM or PM segments and then add all the discounts to one of those segments for every rate (Example: apply all AM/PM segments to the AM segments only).
- Reg Fee is charged at registration regardless of whether Pre-Pay is turned on.